link MapServer as client to ArcIMS

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Mar 18 05:16:50 EST 2005

Hi,

from your e-mail I can't really make out a 100% if you want to have
Mapserver act as the client or the server, so I'll describe both options.

-AFAIK an ArcIMS service cannot cascade other services. You can however
facade Mapserver to act as an ArcIMS service using ArcIMS emulator:

http://mapserver.refractions.net/

-if you want Mapserver to act as a client to an existing ArcIMS service,
you need an OGC:WMS interface on the ArcIMS service. Look at the ESRI
interoperability site for that.

Best regards,
Bart