Problems reading a TIF file (newbie question)

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 22 11:25:18 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:03:40 -0600, Ray <ray at sustainable.ie> wrote:
> I am having problems displaying a TIF file using PHP mapscript, I suspect
> that the problem lies in the map file.
>
> gdalinfo PAGE48.TIF (name of the file) gives:

> $ cat Page48.TFW
> 0.635324015247776
> 0
> 0
> -0.635324015247776
> 317999.682337992
> 231999.682337992

Ray,

I am guessing you are on Unix or Linux based on your use of the
cat command.  Unix and Linux are generally case sensitive with
regard to filenames, so you will need to rename your file PAGE48.TFW
if you want it to be found and associated with PAGE48.TIF.

In fact, I would suggest you rename them both page48.tif and page48.wld
for simplicity and clarity.

Best regards,