GetCapabilities result: mapserv.exe?

Wouter Schaubroeck wouter.schaubroeck at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 23 16:47:33 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with WMS on the MS4W application, and I'm having some
troubles. When i request a GetCapabilities, i receive mapserv.exe in
stead of the usual XML file? What's the cause of this problem, how can i
solve it? I've tried everything that came in my mind, and even read the
OGC paper concerning wms, and still i receive the mapserv.exe file. I'm
working with Apache on win xp pro.
This is my link to get the GetCapabilities:
http://192.168.2.2/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/mapservertutorial/example1-7.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
And in my map file:
    METADATA
          "wms_title"                                       "WMS Test"
          "wms_onlineresource"
"http://192.168.2.2/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:\ms4w\apache\htdocs\mapservertutorial\example1-7.map&"
          "wms_srs"                                       "EPSG:2136"
    END

All my other layer have the right metadata tags.

Many thanks

Wouter Schaubroeck