Projection Help

Giridhar Manepalli gmanepal at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 24 21:22:03 EST 2005

Hello All,

I really appreciate the support that I have been getting in this list,
without which it is impossible for me to go ahead in my project.
Although, I have bulleted the questions that I have in my mind, any
help in the discipline is invaluable to me.

These are my questions:-

Can anyone tell me how to set the EPSG or other information in the map file?

Can I know the Projection coordinates from the shapefile?

Is there a specific EPSG Code for each country or is it for each state
in each country?

How do I find the EPSG Code for Virginia or a city in Virginia?

I appreciate if someone can throw some light onto this.

Regards,
Giridhar