Users of the Rosa applet

Andy Canfield andy.canfield at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 29 16:29:01 EST 2005

Ken,
I had this same painting issue especially with IE6 and what I did was
write a little button in Javascript that forces a repaint of the
applet. This seamed to clear up the painting issue where tools or the
image dissapears. I call it three times right after the page is fully
loaded and I gave the users a button to call the same function. Like I
said this seems to take care of it 99.999% of the time. I am thinking
about seeing if I can invalidate the entire applet canvas and then
repaint it from Javascript and see if that makes it work 100% of the
time. I have to have client side screen drawing ability that's why I
use Rosa but applets have always had painting issues in IE not just
Rosa. The Javascript thing is how I usually work around it in any
applet.
Andy