Users of the Rosa applet

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 29 16:17:33 EST 2005

Hi Andy,

I use Rosa, and JRE 1.5.. and have seen a few bugs in both IE6 and
Firefox from a few different computers. Occasionaly a 'stack' error
pops up when you move the mouse over the map, or when the new map
image loads the image is there but you cant see it until you take
another action on the map, even just querying it.  This bug I've
noticed happening with nearly every map viewed with a new Athlon64
windows XP IE6 JRE 1.5 computer I had access to recently.

In the past there's been a random problem of some of the Rosa map
tools dissappearing from the map.  This still seems to happen with the
new JRE but perhaps not quite as often, hard to say.

For me its to the point that i may just strip Rosa out of my maps once
and for all.  I'd love to see a simple, clean, portable Flash applet
to replace it with. The company I'm with has made a flash interface
for mapserver, but its not simple in appearance, not universal in
function, and not portable at all.  The one or two open source flash
interfaces I've found either are not really working yet or are just
too glitzy looking.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC