creating queryable shapefiles

Trond Michelsen trondmm-mapserver at CRUSADERS.NO
Wed Mar 30 09:22:36 EST 2005

[resent to mailing list]

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 12:00:02PM -0600, Camden Daily wrote:
> I don't really know anything about perl, and I don't know much about
> using mapserver to make things clickable (I use php/mapscript for all
> my pages), but here's a few ideas.
>
> Can you make other point layers clickable?  Would be useful to know
> whether the issue is with how you're creating the shapefile, or with
> how you're defining the layer in the .map file.
>
> Have you tried playing with the 'tolerance' and 'toleranceunits'
> settings for your layer?

Hey. That did it. Thanks!

I confused tolerance with minscale/maxscale. I thought it had
something to do with when to display a layer. But I see now that the
documentation is very clear on the subject.

Must. Read. Documentation. Properly.

Anyway - thanks a lot.

--
Trond Michelsen