Problem trying to serve large .tif dataset

Luis W. Sevilla cresques at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 13 20:53:28 EDT 2005

Bill Binko wrote:

> Also, as Frank and I just realized, there can be a significant penalty
> for
> having the raster LAYER projection different from the MAP projection.
> Recent (last night) changes improve this, but are not in any released
> mapserver versions.  So, if possible make your raster projection your
> output projection.

Referring to trying to get raster data on a differente projection than
layer's one, we've being having
problems trying to get together 3 raster layers, with a couple of MrSID
Landsat Mosaics each one.
Layers are on UTM on 3 different but contiguous zones, south hemisphere,
and we tryed to get them
on EPSG:4326 : It doesn't worked at all. Each one by itshelf reprojects
well, but together we got nothing.
We're tryed same but with north hemisphere mosaics and everything worked
fine. Any clues or may be
a king of strange bug?

Thanks in advance

   Luis