Setting line width according to scale

Ehud Shabtai eshabtai at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 2 03:59:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

After using mapserver for a while now, I decided to clean out some of
the mess I have in the map file.

I'm using mapserver mainly for drawing roads of different classes. My
current configuration has about 8 different layers, all very similar
to each other except for the line width value. This seems like I'm
abusing the layer definition as these are not really different layers
but a hack to allow drawing roads in different widths according to the
scale.

Is there a better way? Can I define the width to be proportional to
the current scale?

I'm using a circle symbol to draw my lines.

Thanks,

--
Ehud Shabtai
http://www.freemap.co.il/map/