Increase Clarity of WMS

Luiz Vaz vaz.luiz at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 10 19:22:05 EDT 2006

Kyle,

   How did you georeferenced your image?
   Take a look in your georeferencing data...
   If you used a worldfile, you can see some diference between X and Y
values?

   In another project, my images are all LatLon.
   I wrote the same value of X in Y, only changed the signal.

   But doing this, the tiles with 256x256 will overlap in vertical axis due
to mercator projection. Now, after computing both X (Left-Right) and Y
(Bottom-Top) i got right result.

   Inspecting you javascript code I found that you still using gmaps version
1. I sugest that you change to version2, because of better support for
custom tiles.

   And note that the initial zoom is 4. This zoom level in G_MAP_TYPE
correspond to 12m/Pixel. Are you sure that your building is too large?

   If it is this the location of you data:
http://maps.google.com/?ll=42.291532,-83.714447&spn=0.028508,0.058537&t=k
   seems that you need to try to correct this!

- - - V2 SAMPLE - - -

    //CUSTOM Layer
    var N_SATELLITE_LAYER = new GTileLayer(new GCopyrightCollection(""), 0, 18);

    N_SATELLITE_LAYER.hostName = 'dude.com';
    N_SATELLITE_LAYER.pUpLeft  = new GPoint(0,0);
    N_SATELLITE_LAYER.pTopRight = new GPoint(0,0);
    N_SATELLITE_LAYER.getTileUrl = function(a,b,c) {

        var url = G_SATELLITE_MAP.getTileLayers()[0].getTileUrl(a,b,c);
        if (this.hostName){
           url = url.replace(/(google.com\/([m|k][t|h]))/i,
this.hostName+"/$2/");
        };
        if (
url.match(this.hostName)){
            var ts = 256;
            this.pUpLeft.x   = a.x*ts;
            this.pUpLeft.y   = a.y*ts;
            this.pTopRight.x = (a.x+1)*ts;
            this.pTopRight.y = (
a.y+1)*ts;
            var ul =
G_SATELLITE_MAP.getProjection().fromPixelToLatLng(this.pUpLeft, b, c);
            var br =
G_SATELLITE_MAP.getProjection().fromPixelToLatLng(this.pTopRight, b,
c);
            var bbox =
ul.x + "," + ul.y + "," + br.x + "," + br.y;
            url += '&maxzoom=18&box='+ bbox;
        };
        return url;
    }

   var Layer2=[N_SATELLITE_LAYER];

   var N_SATELLITE_MAP = new GMapType(Layer2,
G_SATELLITE_MAP.getProjection(), 'MAP', G_SATELLITE_MAP);

   var map = new GMap2(<your div>);
   map.getMapTypes().length = 0;
   map.addMapType(N_SATELLITE_MAP);

   map.addControl(new GSmallMapControl());
   map.addControl(new GMapTypeControl());
   map.setCenter(new GLatLng(42.291532,-83.714447), 14);

- - - V2 SAMPLE - - -

  OBS.: I'm using a proxy php to do caching and other verifications.
            Change the getTileUrl to your need.
            And note that it´s returning BBOX in TopLeft,BottomRight;
            Not BottomLeft,TopRight as WMS use...

            I used the satellite map type. So it´s serving jpg files.
            If you need to use png override the isPNG() function to return
true.

Best Regards,
Luiz Vaz