Tiling shapefiles

Chip Taylor work at XWB.COM
Mon Apr 3 16:33:31 EDT 2006

I am running Mapserver 4.6 on Windows using IIS.  The data presently focuses
on the United states.  I have a single mapfile that contains the layers to
be rendered.  The majority of my data is in ESRI Shapefile format.  Most of
the data is in national datasets.  However, some data is only available by
state or county.  For example, the hydro data is national but pipeline data
is by state.  How would I most efficiently organize the state data so that
the mapserver can seamlessly display the data when the geo extents allow?
Is there a tutorial somewhere on tiling shapefile data?

Chip Taylor