plotting data points from spread sheet

Russ Bradford Russ.Bradford at CSIRO.AU
Mon Apr 3 19:31:46 EDT 2006

Hi Rick,

have a look at the "VirtualSpatialData (ODBC/OVF) section in appendix B
of "Web Mapping Illustrated" - especially pages 320 and 321. They go
through some of the steps for viewing flat files.

Cheers, Russ.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard Noyes
	Sent: Tuesday, 4 April 2006 6:16 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] plotting data points from spread
sheet

	New user here with a VERY basic question.  I am learning
mapserver and openev using O'Reilly text "Web Mapping Illustrated".  I
have an excel spread sheet with long/lat point data with various
biological attributes that I would like to map.  Is there a simple
protocol for importing this type of data for viewing it on a map?  It is
likely that I have overlooked or am not understanding something basic,
so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

	Thanks,

	Rick

	Richard D. Noyes

	Department of EBIO