Increase Clarity of WMS

Jared Chapiewsky Jpchapiewsky at WISC.EDU
Mon Apr 10 12:11:03 EDT 2006

I had problems with chunky Raster WMSs too, specifically with
TerraServer orthophotos. My solution was to change the format for the
layer to jpeg, like so:

 "WMS_FORMAT" "image/jpeg"

and I added one line to my outputformat block for jpeg in the mapfile,
like this:

FORMATOPTION "QUALITY=100"

I'm still serving the final output as png, and there is no chunkiness at
all. I didn't have to mess with any of the PROCESSING options either.

Cheers,

Jared Chapiewsky