queryByAttributes mysql layer problem

Skalski Artur - askals Artur.Skalski at ACXIOM.COM
Wed Apr 19 09:57:53 EDT 2006

Hi All

not so long ago I was asking for some advice regarding queryByAttributes on large datasets (1 000 000 records). Thanks againf for all tips!
I finaly decided to export data to mysql, and now I'm facing another problem concerning doing queryByAttributes on the 1000000 record layer.

I try to do it as simple as possible, using phpmapscript:
the code is like:
@$qLayer->queryByAttributes($qFiled, $qValue, MS_MULTIPLE);

it works well on smaler mysql tables as well as on TAB's and SHP files

BUT

when I do qery on this largest table i can see in the Task Manager that at first mysql proces starts and it is working for a while but then it dies and php-cgi proces goes for 99% of the CPU usage the it dies too, and no results are returned.

When I do this query/selection usig just SQL in phpMyAdmin i can get the query result very fast, like 2 seconds.

I can display the largest mysql table on the map, I can query it using queryBypoint and it gives me good resluts, but somehow querybyattributes gives no results - WHY?!!

I'm using mapserver 4.6 with php/mapscipt 4.6, php is as php-cgi, and it runs on IIS.

Can someone please help?!!!

What can be the cause of this?

Best Regards

Artur

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.