Symbol file reader.

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Mon Apr 24 12:32:48 EDT 2006

All,

does anyone know of a generic Symbol file reader?  Something that would
build a image, or images, from a symbol file?   I want to set up
something for maintaining a symbol file by many individuals, is there
something out there already like this?

I would prefer a CGI version of something if possible, where instead of
map=<path>, something like symbols=<path>.

Is there any utility for this out there already?  Something standalone.

Failing this, how about a method in the MAP files that just cycles
through all the symbols automatically as a form of legend output.

Thanks

bobb