Couple Questions: JOIN and OFFSET

Paul Dugas paul at DUGAS.CC
Mon Apr 24 22:18:49 EDT 2006

Got a couple questions:

Is it possible to use the JOIN capability to combine shape features from
a shapefile with classification data in a CSV file?  If so, could
someone provide an example?

Is there a way to have a line feature drawn with an OFFSET so that it
appears parallel to the original line?  I am working on code to convert
polylines into parallel polygons to depict traffic data via color.  I'm
wondering how hard it'd be to have something similar built into MS where
we could define an OFFSET and a WIDTH to get the same effect without
having to pre-generate the polygons for different scales.  I'll be happy
to share my polyline-to-polygon code once it's working if that'd help.

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer                Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc        phone: 404-932-1355     522 Black Canyon Park