PNG24 output and GDAL dependency?

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Wed Apr 26 12:15:17 EDT 2006

Hi Frank,

okay, basically what we are trying to do is have a minimal PHP/Mapscript
which can only act as a WMS client. So the 24 bit images are already
received from the WMS services, and only need to be merged into 1 image.

But I guess there is no 'escaping' GDAL for that use case (btw I don't
mean anything negative with escaping GDAL, but we want to have a really
minimal setup for this).

Best regards,
Bart

--