creating a new class in the mapfile from the url

rock well rockwell_001 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 3 17:22:47 EDT 2006

Hello all,
         I was trying to use the mapsever feature of adding/creating a new feature in the mapfile. I am trying to create a new class and add the color properties for the mapfile from the url.

  This feature is listed in the mapsever website @ http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/cgi/controls

  the syntax for creating a new class is map_layername_class_0=new and the url for adding color property would be

  http://localhost/mapserv.exe?MODE=map&MAP=test.map&LAYERS=states&map_states_class_0=new&map_states_class_0_color=100 100 100

  i guess this should work, it didnt give me any error but doesnt display anything, i have tried some other possibilities too, but couldnt get it working.

  Does any one have an idea how to do it ..

  Thanks for your time ...
  kris