creating a new class in the mapfile from the url

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Aug 3 17:31:09 EDT 2006

Kris,

As far as I know, this won't create a new class for you.

It will modify the first class in the list of existing classes in your layer.

The text at the bottom of the page referring to creating a new feature likely means that you can create a new point/line/poly feature.  As opposed to loading the features from a shapefile or other datasource.  This doesn't refer to creating a new mapfile object.

David.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of rock well
	Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 4:23 PM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] creating a new class in the mapfile from the url

	Hello all,
	       I was trying to use the mapsever feature of adding/creating a new feature in the mapfile. I am trying to create a new class and add the color properties for the mapfile from the url.

	This feature is listed in the mapsever website @ http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/cgi/controls

	the syntax for creating a new class is map_layername_class_0=new and the url for adding color property would be

	http://localhost/mapserv.exe?MODE=map&MAP=test.map&LAYERS=states& <http://localhost/mapserv.exe?MODE=map&MAP=test.map&LAYERS=states&map_states_class_0=new&map_states_class_0_color=100> map_states_class_0=new&map_states_class_0_color=100 100 100

	i guess this should work, it didnt give me any error but doesnt display anything, i have tried some other possibilities too, but couldnt get it working.

	Does any one have an idea how to do it ..

	Thanks for your time ...
	kris

	Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>  to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.