HELP! Application Error - ArcSDE / MapServer 4.8

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 10 09:51:02 EDT 2006

Hi All

I've got an issue with ArcSde and MapServer running in a windows
environment. I've copied the arcsde 9.1 libmap.dll and ogr_sde.dll into the
MS directory.

 I have an ArcSDE 9.1 media pack client library installed on the mapserver
box and a remote server with ArcSde 8.3.  I can connect - as when I have
invalid credentials I get valid errors return from MS - and I can find the
sde layers - if I have the wrong TYPE for the layer then I get an error
message from MS - all correct.

The issue arises that when I have the correct connection string and the
correct layer name I get an application error dialog box appearing with a
memory read error.  I can't seem to get any debug messages via the
ms.logand also the mapserv -v via the command prompt says I have input
type SDE.

I'm sure it will be a little tweak but am starting to lose it a bit - also I
am on a client site so can't debug etc through the night.

 LAYER
  NAME Landline
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS default
  CONNECTION "192.168.62.27,port:5156,UNI7,sde,sde"
      CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
      DATA "UNISDELIVE.UFRM_BCPLOT_POLY,SHAPE,SDE.DEFAULT"
  CLASS
  END
 END

Has anyone come across this before?