Extent of several (500+) TIFF images

Bruno Patini Furtado bpfurtado at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 16 10:19:54 EDT 2006

Thanks a lot folks! Using this program is far better than looking at
OpenJUMP. I actually used the command below :)

ogrinfo -al tilingIndex.shp | vim -

But strangely it did not show the extent of all tiles (it in fact returned
points too similar to those I got with OpenJUMP).

Just to experiment I tried changing the UNITS element from DD (decimal
degree) to METERS and to my surprise the map was fully displayed, in full
extent but it was rendered very small.
After that I tried using the Zoom in commands of the web interface of the
Demo application but MapServer returned the image in the same size every
time. I can assume this lack of zoom is due to the wrong unit I've tried,
and I don't expect the right behavior with wrong configuration of the map,
however this got me the picture in full extent.

Any hints?