Cannot locate shapefile

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Wed Aug 16 14:42:55 EDT 2006

I have had mapserver running successfully for several months now, but i
had to reinstall both MapServer and Apache in order to add support for
PostgreSQL.  As a result i had to change my file structure a bit and now
i am getting the following errors:*

Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msSHPOpenFile():
(/var/www/htdocs/mapserver/./thm_img.shp) in
*/var/www/htdocs/mapserver/simplemap.phtml* on line *27*

*Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msSHPOpenFile():
(/var/www/htdocs/mapserver/./../data/thm_img.shp) in
*/var/www/htdocs/mapserver/simplemap.phtml* on line *27*

my mapfile is listed below but it was the same one that was working
correctly for the last few months, does anyone know the direct cause of
this error and why MapServer is looking in two different directories for
my shapefile?  when i put the shapefile in both directories the error
goes away but i get a blank map:

MAP
  IMAGETYPE PNG
  EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
  #EXTENT -350878.81 -9890271.86 350878.81 9890271.86
  SIZE 600 500
  SHAPEPATH "../data/"

  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

  WEB