Cannot locate shapefile

Ryan Ollerenshaw ollerery at ENGR.ORST.EDU
Wed Aug 16 16:57:48 EDT 2006

Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> I have had mapserver running successfully for several months now, but
> i had to reinstall both MapServer and Apache in order to add support
> for PostgreSQL.  As a result i had to change my file structure a bit
> and now i am getting the following errors:*
>
> Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msSHPOpenFile():
> (/var/www/htdocs/mapserver/./thm_img.shp) in
> */var/www/htdocs/mapserver/simplemap.phtml* on line *27*
>
> *Warning*: [MapServer Error]: msSHPOpenFile():
> (/var/www/htdocs/mapserver/./../data/thm_img.shp) in
> */var/www/htdocs/mapserver/simplemap.phtml* on line *27*
Ok i found the problem sorry for the post, turns out it was a
permissions problem on the directory that i had the data stored in.
Strange that this problem would occur all of the sudden, i was using the
same directory when i had map server running previously.