query and resultcache bounds

David Lowther dlowther at COORDINATESOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Aug 16 14:52:30 EDT 2006

Hi List,

I'm working in VB.NET using csharp_mapscript.

I am using the shapeindex (and queryByIndex) and various attributes (and
queryByAttributes) both against the same layerObj.  Both select the correct
features - what's different is the resultCacheObj.bounds.

When I queryByIndex I get bounds in shapefile coordinate system. When I
queryByAttributes I get bounds in the coordinate system of the mapObj.

Is this by design? I can work around it, and reproject the bounds, but I was
just wondering what gives.

David Lowther

Coordinate Solutions, Inc.

501 N.E. 15th Street