installation PHP_Mapscript

Thu Aug 17 12:45:40 EDT 2006

Murat,

Perhaps consider using the precompiled FGS and you'd be running in a few
minutes (really): http://maptools.org/fgs/

If you've got php_mapscript.so compiled already and really insist on
using it, then see below for answers to your specific questions:

Murat BEYHAN wrote:
> I have installed apache2.0.55 and php4.4.2 and mapserver 4.8.4
> to use php_mapscript saying "place php_mapscript.so" path to php/extensions
>
> But really I couldn't find any directory name extension under php directories.

Do a phpinfo() and look for the extension_dir setting. That's the path
where your PHP looks for extensions and that's where you need to place
php_mapscript.so.

If extension_dir is set to "./" (the default in php.ini-dist I think)
then I'd recommend that you update the value of extension_dir in your
php.ini to point to an absolute dire somewhere on your system, for instance
   extension_dir=/usr/local/php/extensions/

Finally, if you don't know where your php.ini is located or don't have
one and need to find out where PHP would look for it if you had one,
then look for the "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" in your phpinfo()
output.

> So,  I'm facing an error messages "Warning: dl(): Dynamically loaded
> extensions aren't allowed when running in Safe Mode in
> /var/www/html/phpinfo_mapscript.php on line 21"

Your PHP doesn't support the dl() command. You'll need to load
php_mapscript.so in your php.ini with a line like this:

extension=php_mapscript.so

Note that php_mapscript was not safe to use this way (preloaded in
php.ini) in versions 4.6 and 4.8. You'll need the fix for bug 1322 from
2 days ago which will be part of the upcoming 4.10 release later in
September (or get 4.10-beta1 expected tomorrow).

> Also Im not sure which source code will be used for this purpose.
> there is a source code on the maptools.org php_mapscript 4.8.1 and
> source code also on the mapserver home pages...

PHP MapScript is included in the mapserver source code distribution at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/current/

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette