Θέμα: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Raster L ayer {Scanned} {Scanned} {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Wed Aug 23 05:49:31 EDT 2006

Hi,

Please always cc your mail to the list, other members can have the same
problem.
Using gdalinfo you can display georeference data stored in geotif.
ddalinfo is a gdal utility tool, usually mapserver is built with gdal(ogr)
to handle different raster and vector formats.
I don't know what distribution you use. First check weather mapserver is
built with gdal :
mapserv -v
you should get something like this:
MapServer version 4.8.4 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF
 OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPO
RTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPO
RTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SH
APEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

If input=gdal is on the list, then gdalinfo is probably available on your
system. Depending on the operating system its path is different.

Start the command
gdalinfo your_tif_file
You will get an info page about your file check the corner coordinates
like this:
Driver: GTiff/GeoTIFF
Size is 3000, 2000
Coordinate System is `'
Origin = (647250.000000,234000.000000)
Pixel Size = (0.25000000,-0.25000000)
Metadata:
  TIFFTAG_SOFTWARE=Adobe Photoshop CS Windows
  TIFFTAG_DATETIME=2006:04:13 13:04:24
  TIFFTAG_XRESOLUTION=72
  TIFFTAG_YRESOLUTION=72
  TIFFTAG_RESOLUTIONUNIT=2 (pixels/inch)
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (  647250.000,  234000.000)
Lower Left  (  647250.000,  233500.000)
Upper Right (  648000.000,  234000.000)
Lower Right (  648000.000,  233500.000)
Center      (  647625.000,  233750.000)
Band 1 Block=3000x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Red
Band 2 Block=3000x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Green
Band 3 Block=3000x1 Type=Byte, ColorInterp=Blue

You have a map file with an extent like this:
EXTENT 642000 225000 651000 234000

If the extent and the corners are not overlapping no tif data will be
displayed. May be the tif and the other  data are in different projection.

Bye
Zoltan