HELP! Application Error - ArcSDE / MapServer 4.8

Thy, Kristian Kristian.Thy at ATKINSGLOBAL.COM
Mon Aug 28 08:29:19 EDT 2006

From: Mike Saunt
> Thanks for the response.  As it turns out I downloaded the
> latest MS4W from about three weeks ago and loaded that libmap
> for SDE9.1 and it all worked!

Sorry to butt in with a late reply, but even using the newest MS4W
I'm still getting these memory errors. I'm trying to show ESRI
shapefile data from an SDE connection and get errors like:

"mapserv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" (That's
the standard MS dialog box with send/don't send error report.)
Looking at the data of said error report:

	szAppName : mapserv.exe     szAppVer : 0.0.0.0     szModName :
ntdll.dll
	szModVer : 5.1.2600.2180     offset : 0001142e

... but that's probably useless to you. I have kept the dump from
this error in case anybody (other than MS) knows what to do with it.

Other times (as far as I can tell only when I try to access the
service as a WMS), I get a memory error like:

	[BIG RED X]
	The instruction at "0x7c93426d" referenced memory at
"0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
	Click on OK to terminate the program
	Click on CANCEL to debug the program

CANCEL opens the debugger in Visual Studio and tells me that it's an
"Unhandled exception at 0x7c93426d in mapserv.exe: 0xC0000005:
Access violation reading location 0x00000000."

Unfortunately, I cannot share the data set due to licensing issues.
If the map file by itself is useful (caveat: it's about 1100 lines),
you can find it at http://quovadis.dk/dl/krakwms.map .

I'd file a bug report if I had anything more solid than this.

regards,
Kristian

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.