PostGIS case problem

Armin Burger armin.burger at GMX.NET
Wed Aug 30 07:28:44 EDT 2006

This is a general strange Postgres hehaviour: if a column has upper case characters (no matter at which place) it has to be put in double quotes in the query. I therefore always avoid upper case charcaters for columns in PG.

In Mapserver you could try

DATA '"Geometrija" FROM Objekti_Uprave'

like this, Postgres should in principal get the correct SQL string.

armin

--------  Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PostGIS case problem