Strange dl("php_mapscript.so") behavior

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Thu Feb 16 11:33:35 EST 2006

does the testphp.php work?  (loads mapscript and calls phpinfo)

I've had mysterious issues like this in the past.  One correct line
causes the whole thing to implode and disappear.  Yet the problem
turns out to be somewhere else.  I've cleaned up code a bit and that
helps.  Let's see if I can remember...

I hope we're not getting too far off topic here.

The main thing I've found that tends to kill PHP is continuing
lines.  Like when you concatenate strings together (these are
separate lines):

$z = 'part of a string' . $somevariable .
'some more';

I think this is correct PHP, PHP is supposed to keep going across
line breaks until it find the semicolon to close the statement, and
it works most of the time, but sometimes it's enough to kill PHP.  If
you need to break lines to make it more readable, close the statement
and start again on the next line:

$z = 'part of a string' . $somevariable;
$z .= 'some more';

On Feb 16, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> happy that I was that my database was with your help up-and-running
> again, I attacked my postgres plus now postgis conversion. And
> whoops,... no more map display. I am shocked!! :-)
>
> Ok, I tried it with only
>
> 	dl("php_mapscript.so");
>
> But in vain. Still same result. Nothing displays. Not even a simple
> echo.
>
> The apache and sys log don't give any results either. Once I had a
> "LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection" displayed, but it
> disappeared suddenly...
>
> Gush, what is this magic, that makes disappear everything on my
> page?!?!
>
> Stef

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin