Mapserver compile error on Ubuntu

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 16 16:17:41 EST 2006

Frank,

On 1/16/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Of course it is possible to differentiate, but it can be
> pretty tricky.   And I don't know the details of how
> things get installed on Ubuntu, or how you built things
> for the /usr/local install.
> What does "ldd /usr/bin/gdalinfo" report?

Ahhh. This might be a problem..

libgdal.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1 (0xb7beb000)

So the /usr version is looking to the /usr/local libs. I'm doing all
the library paths through ld.so.conf. You're right... this will get
tricky!

 I'm thinking that removing the /usr version of gdal is probably the
best bet since ideally I'd like all my apps running off the /usr/local
version anyways. I'll go this route for now.
--
Matt Perry
perrygeo at gmail.com
http://www.perrygeo.net