MapServer Load Testing

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at WESTNET.COM.AU
Tue Jun 6 03:34:36 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 17:17 -0600, Randy How wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We're wanting to put our MapServer system under a few test cases.
>
> I'm wondering if any one has documented/published their approach.
> We're wanting to test mapserver itself under a load (simulated
> concurrent users) and also monitor network traffic to determine bottle
> necks.
>
> Does anyone recommend a testing tool to beat on MapServer?

Try jmeter.  We are using mapserver for a whole of govt gis portal we
are developing here in Western Australia and have used jmeter to
simulate real world loads (as best we can determine what that will be).

I'll dig out our testing in the next few days and see what details I can
give you.

Tim Bowden