HTML Legend Template File

Sievers, Jason jsievers at CO.LINN.OR.US
Tue Jun 6 18:50:58 EDT 2006

I have an HTML legend template file that is causing me problems.  I enter
the file, do some stuff, everything works fine.  But in a JavaScript block
of code I can get through a couple JavaScript statements but then the
template file is exited and returns to where it was before calling the
template file.  Here is the code for the legend template file.

[leg_layer_html order_metadata=orderby opt_flag=15]

            [if name=display oper=isset]

                        <SCRIPT>

                                    var annodes =
Anno_ReturnNodes("[leg_layer_name]");
                                    var thislayername = "[leg_layer_name]";
                                    var thisdisplay = "";
                                    var thegrp = "";
                                    var spc = "";
                                    var clsspc = "&nbsp";
                                    var layos = 0;
                                    var clsos = 15;
                                    var linei = -1;

                        </SCRIPT>

                        [if name=grp oper=isset]

                                    <SCRIPT>

                                                thisdisplay = "[metadata
name=grp]";
                                                layos = 15;
                                                clsos = 30;
                                                thegrp = thisdisplay +
"_GROUP";

                                    </SCRIPT>

                        [/if]

            [/if]

[/leg_layer_html]

The last JavaScript statement "thegrp = thisdisplay + "_GROUP";" is where
the exit occurs.  When I remove this line from the code all works fine
again.  I know that there is nothing wrong with this line of code and so am
confused as to what is going on.  Also I have tested by removing that last
line of JavaScript code and then inserted several carriage returns.  This
also breaks the template file and causes an exit.  I am very confused by
this am open to any thoughts.

Thanks,

Jason Sievers