MapServer 4.8.3 and ArcSDE 8.3

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 29 11:02:47 EDT 2006

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can help.  I have a client who is running ArcSDE 8.3 on
Oracle and we want to connect MapServer 4.8.3 (via the pre compiled Windows
binaries from MS4W and using the libmap for sde) to this instance of
ArcSDE.  We've downloaded the ArcSDE C API client library but won't be able
to test until on site - was hoping someone may have had this backward
version exepreince with ArcSDE

Anyone aware of any issues?

Many Thanks in advance
Mike

PS - I've been doing some testing here with MapServer over MapInfo
MapXtreme.NET.  MapServer wins hands down even reading MapInfo TAB!   Well
done to all involved.