MapServer 4.8.3 and ArcSDE 8.3

listuser HH listuser at HERZSYS.DE
Thu Jun 29 11:53:08 EDT 2006

Mike Saunt wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Wondering if anyone can help.  I have a client who is running ArcSDE
> 8.3 on
> Oracle and we want to connect MapServer 4.8.3 (via the pre compiled
> Windows
> binaries from MS4W and using the libmap for sde) to this instance of
> ArcSDE.  We've downloaded the ArcSDE C API client library but won't be
> able
> to test until on site - was hoping someone may have had this backward
> version exepreince with ArcSDE
>
> Anyone aware of any issues?
>
> Many Thanks in advance
> Mike
>
> PS - I've been doing some testing here with MapServer over MapInfo
> MapXtreme.NET.  MapServer wins hands down even reading MapInfo TAB!
> Well
> done to all involved.

Hi,

i had to use the ArcSDE client 9.0 under SUSE SLES 9 to connect to an
ArcSDE 8.2 on informix. This worked. I'm not sure if this helps in your
case but my hint is to use the client in the version of which the libs
in ms4w are compiled against to avoid conflicts. The newer client should
connect and read from an older SDE.

Regards

Norbert