Raster data experience

Apeksha Bhambhani beproject06 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 2 04:27:24 EST 2006

hiii,
  I am sending you the mapfile alongwith the raster image and the point shapefile .
  I don't have enough information about projection. I have tried finding a lot of info and read also on the Mapserver site about the same . But couldn't come to any conclusion .
  What is the projection used for . I accept user clicks(pixel values) on the image and convert into the latitude and longitude making use of the extent specified in the mapfile . Is that incorrect ?

  thanks a lot for your help.
  apeksha

luca marletta <lucamarle at gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Apeksha,
in order to write in world file where the map is I need to know it and
it can be done if you send me at least 2 point (better far on the tif)
with long and lat and also the coordinates system you use. better use
the WGS84 that is world wide used.

if the shp is random doesn't help at all.

ok send also the map file I'll have a look

cheers

luca

luca marletta