MapServer incompatibility with RHEL4/CE NTOS4.2

Lowell.Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Fri Mar 3 13:45:57 EST 2006

Doyon, Jean-Francois writes:

> As mentionned in the initial post, tried a wide variety of combinations of
> libraries and mapserver :)
>
> At the root though, a given combination of mapserver/libs works on RH 7.3,
> the exact same combination on CentOS doesn't.
>
> (GD 2.0.33 with FreeType 2.0.9 and MapServer 4.8.1).
>
> I suppose it is possible GD or FreeType have problems on CentOS, but I'm
> hoping/guessing google would've told me about it by now, I've had no luck
> trying to find out about similar problems, they're hard to describe in a
> search engine :)
>
> I'm going ot try taking the mapserver from RH7.3 and "chrooting" it on
> CentOS, and see how that works, I'll let you know :)

J.F.,

I did see you mention that in your original post, but considering the amount
of work it is to do that I guess I was hoping that you hadn't.
Either way you/this-thread do seem to have narrowed down how to reproduce
the problem without requiring specific hardware. Of course without any
solution as of yet ;-)

Lowell