MapServer incompatibility with RHEL4/CE NTOS4.2

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCAN.GC.CA
Fri Mar 3 13:57:00 EST 2006

I've got a few more tricks in my back pocket :)

1) chrooted environment
2) using LD_PRELOAD

Keep your fingers crossed!

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lowell.Filak [mailto:lfilak at medinaco.org]
Sent: March 3, 2006 1:46 PM
To: Doyon, Jean-Francois
Cc: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapServer incompatibility with RHEL4/CE
NTOS4.2

Doyon, Jean-Francois writes:

> As mentionned in the initial post, tried a wide variety of
> combinations of libraries and mapserver :)
>
> At the root though, a given combination of mapserver/libs works on RH
> 7.3, the exact same combination on CentOS doesn't.
>
> (GD 2.0.33 with FreeType 2.0.9 and MapServer 4.8.1).
>
> I suppose it is possible GD or FreeType have problems on CentOS, but
> I'm hoping/guessing google would've told me about it by now, I've had
> no luck trying to find out about similar problems, they're hard to
> describe in a search engine :)
>
> I'm going ot try taking the mapserver from RH7.3 and "chrooting" it on
> CentOS, and see how that works, I'll let you know :)

J.F.,

I did see you mention that in your original post, but considering the amount
of work it is to do that I guess I was hoping that you hadn't.
Either way you/this-thread do seem to have narrowed down how to reproduce
the problem without requiring specific hardware. Of course without any
solution as of yet ;-)

Lowell