R: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problems with Itasca Demo

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Mon Mar 27 08:57:57 EST 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 16:41, 72555 wrote:
> >>      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath"
> >>value="C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\tmp">
> >>
> >>      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imageurl"
> >>value=C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\tmp">
> >
> >---------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >what worked for me:
> >  - slashes instead of backslashes in the 1st of the above values.
> >  - in the latter just "/tmp/" instead of the whole path.
> >

> >Good luck.
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried every possible path but I think that the problem isn't there.
> When I charge the //127.0.0.1/Itasca/demo.html I got a red cross over
> the image place.
> Why MapServer doesn't place the map file?
>
> Thanks Everybody

Check inside your tmp directory. Are the images being created ? Did you check
the writing rights for this directory. Maybe mapserver can't write inside
this directory because because Apache is not allowed to write here ?
Blaise