OGR Virtual problem with Where clause

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Thu Mar 30 10:18:28 EST 2006

Try using single quotes instead of double quotes:
<SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM TestPolygon WHERE Name='Cosh'</SrcSQL>

D. Pagurek

	-----Original Message-----
	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of James Perrins
	Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:57 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] OGR Virtual problem with Where
clause

	Hi,

	I'm just experimenting with this - (just discovered it :-))
which looks great.

	I'm calling from mapserver with the XML connection statement in
the map file (IIS5 + Mapserver 4.6.1)

	I've been playing with MDB and SQL Server - both of which I can
get to plot points and polygons (with WKT)

	In the examples below - KeyField is an Integer in the database
and Name is a text / nvarchar (50)

	Plotting the whole layer works fine

	<SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM TestPolygon</SrcSQL>

	Using a filter on an integer field works fine

	<SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM TestPolygon WHERE KeyField=1</SrcSQL>

	But I just can't get it to filter using any other sort of where
clause - specifically text string e.g.

	<SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM TestPolygon WHERE Name="Cosh"</SrcSQL>

	I've tried a variety of syntaxes but no success - everything I
try returns something like:

	SQL statement failed, or returned no layer result:

	SELECT GEOMETRY FROM TestPolygon WHERE Name="Cosh"

	Can anyone help me out ?

	Have I got the syntax wrong - if so is there any doc that
details this ?

	Looking at others questions they seem to have it working - do I
need to be careful of build versions?

	Many Thanks

	James