Problems showing mapInfo text layer without OGR {Scanned} {Scanned}

Frederico Lucca fredlucca at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 2 15:32:35 EDT 2006

Thanks for the help, but I think the problem is that the text i have in my
mapinfo file don't have a text field to display. The feature is a text.
Maybe the problem is how to translate it to a shape file.
I already try to use:

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" -nlt POINT shp/TB.shp TB.TAB
ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" shp/TB.shp TB.TAB

But I have always the same problem.

Using OGR everything is ok...

#STYLEITEM "auto"
#CONNECTIONTYPE ogr
#CONNECTION "/var/www/maps/TB.TAB"

But according to Frank, I need a thread-safe environment and OGR is not
really threadsafe.

Thanks in advance,

Fred