please help: .mdb access problem

Hedwig Matl matl.hedwig at UZR.AT
Fri May 5 02:48:38 EDT 2006

Hello!

I'm new to mapserver and already somewhat at a loss.
If I try to access a .mdb file (via map file and ogrinfo) I get
following error:

msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`c:\..\test.mdb'. File not found or unsupported format.

I use ms4w v1.5.1. on Windows XP Pro. With ogrinfo I am able to access
shape files etc., so I guess ogr works fine. I also checked if the ODBC
format driver is loaded (it is). I can open the .mdb file with ArcView
8, so the file istn't corrupt. I double-checked the paths. I looked
through all mailing lists/documentations I found but didn't find a solution.
Maybe someone can help me,

Thanks
Hedwig