please help: .mdb access problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri May 5 10:05:55 EDT 2006

Hedwig Matl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm new to mapserver and already somewhat at a loss.
> If I try to access a .mdb file (via map file and ogrinfo) I get
> following error:
>
> msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
> `c:\..\test.mdb'. File not found or unsupported format.

Hedwig,

Is this the literal error you are seeing, or have you edited the path
out replacing it with ".."?  If this is the literal error then it seems
that the path to the file is being constructed improperly.  It may be
that mapserver is trying to apply a SHAPEPATH relative path.  I would
suggest you use an absolute path tot he file.  What does your CONNECTION
string look?

Best regards,