Premature end of script headers: mapser v

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at AGI.RWS.MINVENW.NL
Wed May 10 05:29:37 EDT 2006

What happens if you use PassEnv in the Apache httpd.conf to pass on the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the CGI? After that restart Apache ofcourse.

PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Best regards,
Bart

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]Namens Juan Mari Celihueta
Verzonden: woensdag 10 mei 2006 10:42
Aan: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Onderwerp: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Premature end of script headers:
mapserv

Hi Grabiel:

I don't think that is a file permission issue. All the permissions are
ok. The problem is that I cannot execute cgi-bin scripts from the
browser. Indeed, I have a 'test-cgi' script that shows the same error.
Moreover I have written a very simple cgi-bin test script and got the
same error. This scripts is simply:

#!/bin/sh

echo
echo "test"

Now I am checking the apache httpd.conf file for permissions to execute
cgi-bin scripts.

Thanks anyway, and tell me please if you have any other suggestion.

Regards,

Juan.

grabiel escribió:

> Hi
>    Juan
>      Check the file permission for mapserv and the path that preceeds it.
If your mapserv is in /usr/local/apache/cgibin then
> set the file permission(write) for others etc. using chmod comand.
> If ur file permission is not set to write for each directory or mapserv
then you may get the error that u have mentioned.
> Best of luck
> Grabiel
>

> Hi all,
>
> I have compiled successfully mapserver 4.8.3 under Solaris 8:
>
> $ ./mapserv -v
> MapServer version 4.8.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
> SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF
> INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
> However, when I put the mapserv file into the cgi-bin apache directory
> and try to open the file directly without any parameters from my
> browser, instead of the message expected ('No query information to
> decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.'), I get an 'Internal Server
> Error' message. If I look the apache logfile I get this: 'Premature end
> of script headers: mapserv'.
>
> The LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the apache environment is:
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>

> Could anyone help me?
>
> Regards,
>
> Juan.

> No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
> Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

Disclaimer
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.

This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
is correct or complete, please contact the sender.