Premature end of script headers: mapserv

Juan Mari Celihueta jmcm at EUSKALNET.NET
Wed May 10 06:10:05 EDT 2006

Hi Bart,

I have tried using PassEnv as you told but the problem remains the same.

Now, as an apache issue recommends, I am trying to bypass the suexec
support program. To check if we are using suexec, when you run apachectl
-V and check for the location of SUEXEC_BIN, then apache finds a suexec
binary on the startup. After execute apachectl -V, in our environment we
get the follow message:

-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache/bin/suexec"

However, this suexec file does not exists in the server.

Anyone suggesting how to bypass this suexec program?

Regards,

Juan.

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) escribió:
> What happens if you use PassEnv in the Apache httpd.conf to pass on the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the CGI? After that restart Apache ofcourse.
>
> PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>

>> Hi Grabiel:
>>
>> I don't think that is a file permission issue. All the permissions are
>> ok. The problem is that I cannot execute cgi-bin scripts from the
>> browser. Indeed, I have a 'test-cgi' script that shows the same error.
>> Moreover I have written a very simple cgi-bin test script and got the
>> same error. This scripts is simply:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>>
>> echo
>> echo "test"
>>
>> Now I am checking the apache httpd.conf file for permissions to execute
>> cgi-bin scripts.
>>
>> Thanks anyway, and tell me please if you have any other suggestion.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Juan.
>>
>> grabiel escribió:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>    Juan
>>>      Check the file permission for mapserv and the path that preceeds
>>> it. If your mapserv is in /usr/local/apache/cgibin then
>>> set the file permission(write) for others etc. using chmod comand.
>>> If ur file permission is not set to write for each directory or mapserv
>>> then you may get the error that u have mentioned.
>>> Best of luck
>>> Grabiel
>>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have compiled successfully mapserver 4.8.3 under Solaris 8:
>>>
>>> $ ./mapserv -v
>>> MapServer version 4.8.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
>>> OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
>>> SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF