Problems with connecting to ESRI geodatabase on Linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu May 11 10:15:00 EDT 2006

Stuart Eve wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> I guess this means at the moment theres no way of accessing geodatabases
> on unix? Perhaps I could have a bit more of a play with it - but then I
> guess I'll have to delve into figuring out how it all works!!
>
> Can you think of any other way in which to do it - as it would be
> incredibly useful for our current system...

Stuart,

Well, an mdbtools based odbc driver for .mdb is likely the key component.
Currently the PGeo driver is hardcoded to look for "Microsoft Access
Driver (*.mdb)".  You might want to wor out the DRIVER name for the
mdbtools ODBC driver and try to locally modifying the driver to use that
name.   The file in question is:

   gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/pgeo/pgeodataset.cpp

Best regards,