mapfile configuration problem -- MapServer for IIS

Till Adams adams at TERRESTRIS.DE
Wed May 24 05:26:22 EDT 2006

Zhongai,

your imageurl should be an URL, not a path, e.g.

http://localhost/ms_tmp

Leave the last slash in your imagepath. It is also ok only to use
forward slashes.

Cheers, Till

Zhonghai Wang schrieb:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to install MapServer with IIS, and I've done all the
> things following this doc:
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/setupiis/?searchterm=IIS
>
> but there are some problems with the mapfile path configuration, I set
> the paths like this:
>
> 1. IMAGEPATH "C:\ms4w\tmp\ms_tmp\"
>     IMAGEURL "C:\ms4w\tmp\ms_tmp\"
> 2. TEMPLATE "/ms4w/apps/Demo/tmps/demomap.html"
> 3. LOG "C:/ms4w/LogFiles/MapServer.log" -- this one works well.
> 4. IMAGE "C:/ms4w/apps/Demo/images/KeyMap.gif" -- for the reference
> map (in the Reference object)
>
> the IMAGEURL and IMAGE paths do not work, because the generated map
> images, scalebar and reference map are already there,
> and the browser can not find and display them. did I made some
> mistakes when I set the paths?
>
> P.S: in the Internet Services Manager I set the ms_tmp and tmp folder
> readable and writable.
>
> thanks for any tips
>
> zhonghai

*  released: AmeiN! ArcMap-Export-2-UMN  *
*        LiveLinux 'WebGIS on CD'        *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, H. Paulsen& T. Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * http://www.terrestris.de