tiled raster image can not be displayed.

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 29 11:31:31 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

I have a subfolder with GIFs and corresponding .wld files, after performing
the gdaltindex command, a "thousand_tile.shp" shapefile and its
related .dbf, .shx and .qix files are created, these seem to be fine in the
FWTool shell, I defined the things in the mapfile like this:
****
EXTENT 205564.586360688 5013961.36761585 672612.323291219 5346702.44618207
.
.
.
SHAPEPATH "./RasterData"
.
.
.
LAYER
    NAME "Test"
    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TILEINDEX "thousand_tile"
    TILEITEM "LOCATION"
    #PROJECTION
    #  "init=epsg:4326"
    #END
END
******
I've tried also with or without projection information, it still does not
work. And the error info in the IE browser is:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'Test'.
msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to access file. (/ms4w/apps/Demo/thousand_tile)
msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to access file.
(/ms4w/apps/Demo/./RasterData/thousand_tile)

I just wondered why there are two msSHPOpenFIle() error messages, the /Demo/
is the directory of the mapfile, and the thousand_tile.shp is in the
subfolder Demo/RasterData. This path setting works for all the other vector
shapefiles, if I delete the above defined raster layer, the map image is
returned as normal, but with the raster layer the above given error messages
are returned instead.

there should be somewhere a stupid mistake I made, but I have no idea where
it is.

Can you find anything wrong in the above definition?

I am using MapServer on WINXP with IIS, the backslash and forward slash make
no differences, both work well on WINXP.

thanks so much for lighting me.

zhonghai

29.05.2006