Transparent Layer Question?

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Fri Nov 3 14:39:32 EST 2006

A quick search of the list on transparency would probably get you a good
answer.

Take a look at TRANSPARENCY here:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer

Remember that TRANSPARENCY actually acts like you might expect a term
called OPACITY to work.  In other words TRANSPARENCY 10 is quite
see-through and TRANSPARENCY 90 is not very see-through.

Of course, pick TRANSPARENCY 50 and it won't be confusing at all! ; /

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Sam Young
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 1:19 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Transparent Layer Question?

As a background for my application I would like to overlay a colored
shape
file on top of a black and white  hillshade .tif.  Is it possible, in
the
map file, to set the colored shape file to have some transparency so
that
the hillshade is visible?

Thanks,

Sam Young

Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live
Spaces
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http:/
/spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk
t=en-us