python mapscript with IIS

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 4 11:41:54 EST 2006

On 11/4/06, william paul <williampaul28 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Rich:
>
> IIS was configured to work with Python scripts. I did the configuration
> according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276494
>
> I have removed #! c:\python24\python -u from the make_dlegend_xml.py and
> make_dlegend_xml_cgi.py. I tried as you told me to test the script, and I
> get the error:
>
> This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with
> it. The document tree is shown below.
>

> - <dLegend>
>

>   <error>Missing required parameter "server"</error>
> </dLegend>

Are you trying with make_dlegend_xml_cgi.py or make_dlegend_xml.py?
I think you've got two different errors. Be sure you're testing with
make_dlegend_xml_CGI.py. Also, try it in IE because it won't bitch
about the blank first line (see below).

> When I look at the javascript console I see:
>
> Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
> Source File:
> http://localhost/scripts/make_dlegend_xml_cgi.py?map=c:/inetpub/wwwroot/demo/example/itasca.map&server=localhost
> Line: 2, Column: 1
> Source Code:
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>^

That doesn't matter. Firefox always warns about that but it is not detrimental.

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com
www.greenwoodmap.com