SVG-Legend

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Nov 6 10:31:08 EST 2006

Miklos Geyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the info, although it's not the best message ;-)
> Are there any plans to implement Lengends / Scalebars in SVG?

   There is no current plan to add these functions. The initial project
  was limited to do the map output only.
If you are familiar with mapscript, It should be possible to generate an
svg legend by looping through the map/layer/class objects.

> Am 06.11.2006 um 15:31 schrieb Yewondwossen Assefa:
>
>> Hi There,
>>
>>  Only Map output is supported in SVG. Such things as Legend and
>> Scalebar are not supported.
>>
>> Miklos Geyer wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm still struggling with Legends in SVG.
>>> The same Mapfile with IMAGETYPE png shows the Legend (and Scalebar).
>>> Ist this not implemented in MapServer 4.8 ?
>>> Any help / hints / examples appreciated.
>>> Miklós
>>

>> --
>> Assefa Yewondwossen
>> Software Analyst